The Isotherm Compact Classic Refrigeration Kits are the perfect refrigeration solution for your boat or RV. These units are designed for easy DIY installation into any suitably insulated new or existing ice box.
As the Danfoss compressor is practically silent in operation it can be placed in a locker, wardrobe or even under a berth for ultimate space saving opportunity. The Compact thermostat-regulated refrigeration unit uses a Danfoss compressor to cool an evaporator fitted in the refrigerator or deep freezer box. The Isotherm cooling units use air or sea water to remove the heat efficiently.
To simplify installation, the system is split into two sections; the compressor/condenser unit and the evaporator. These sections are joined together by a 2 meter aluminum and copper tube with quick-coupling connections that can be easily connected and disconnected with minimum loss of refrigerant.
All Isotherm DIY kits use R134a ozone friendly refrigeration gas. The thermostat control box can be mounted in or outside the fridge.
DIY Tips & Tricks
- A well insulted box with minimum 50mm wall thickness is recommended.
- Top loading configurations enable maximum cool to be retained when opened and closed frequently.
- The door must be well sealed to prevent the evaporator plate icing up.
- The compressor needs to be well ventilated for optimum performance.
- Compressor Dimensions L x W x H: 270mm x 160mm x 155m
- Plate O-Shape H95mm X W240mm x L210mm